- Published on
- J. Kashi
Translations of the Quran
The Quran in English, sorted by century and year first published, translations are listed alphabetically (first and last name), where title and publisher listed are from first edition.
- Alexander Ross, The Alcoran of Mahomet (The Alcoran of Mahomet, translated out of Arabick into French, by the Sieur Du Ryer, Lord of Malezair, and resident for the French king, at Alexandria. And newly Englished, for the satisfaction of all that desire to look into the Turkish vanities), translated from French of Du Ryer. Read Now →
- George Sale, The Koran, Commonly Called the Alcoran of Mohammed (The Koran, commonly called the Alcoran of Mohammed, translated into English immediately from the original Arabic; with Explanatory Notes, taken from the most approved Commentators. To which is prefixed A Preliminary Discource), translated from Arabic and Latin of Ludovico Maracci. Read Now →
- John Medows Rodwell, The Koran (The Korân: Translated from the Arabic, the Suras Arranged In Chronological Order: With Notes and Index). Read Now →
- Edward Henry Palmer, The Qur’ân. Read Now →
- Mohammad Abdul Hakim Khan, The Holy Quran (The Holy Qurán. With Short Notes. Based on the Holy Quran, or the Authentic Traditions of the Prophet, or the Old and New Testaments or Scientifics Truths. All fictitious romance, questionable history, and disputed theories have been carefully avoided), published by Rajinder Press, Patiala (India). Read Now →
- Abu’l-Fazl, The Quran (The Qur’an. Arabic Text And English Translation: Arranged Chronologically: With An Abstract). Read Now →
- Hairat Dihlawi, The Koran. Read Now →
- Muhammad Ali, The Holy Quran (The Holy Qur-án. Containing The Arabic Text With English Translation And Commentary). Read Now →
- Ghulam Sarwar, Translation Of The Holy Quran (Translation Of The Holy Qur-ân. From the Orginal Arabic Text with Critical Essays, Life of Muhammad, Complete Summary of Contents.). Read Now →
- Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall (born Marmaduke William Pickthall), The Meaning of The Glorious Koran (The Meaning of The Glorious Koran; An Explanatory Translation). Read Now →
- Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran (The Holy Qur-an. Text, Translation and Commentary).
- Richard Bell, The Quran (The Qur’ān. Translated, with a critical re-arrangement of the Surahs). Read Now →
- Mirza Bashiruddin Mahmood Ahmad, The Holy Quran (The Holy Quran with English Translation and Commentary).
- Ali Muhammad Fazil Chinoy, The Glorious Koran (The Glorious Koran; Translated with Commentary of Divine Lights), Red Hills, Hyderabad, Decca, 25th December 1954. Printed by The Hyderabad Bulletin Press, Secunderabad (Sets I-VII). Read Now →
- Arthur John Arberry, The Koran Interpreted.
- Maulvi Sher Ali & Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, The Holy Quran (The Holy Qur’ān — Arabic Text and English Translation).
- Lucien Tremlett, The Koran (The Koran. A new translation and presentation), translated from the French, edited by Henry Mercier.
- Nessim Joseph Dawood, The Koran.
- Abdul Majid Daryabadi, The Holy Quran (The Holy Qur’an: Translated from the original Arabic, with lexical, grammatical, historical, geographical, and eschatological comments, and explanations and sidelights on comparative religion).
- M. H. Shakir, The Quran (The Holy Quran, Arabic text and English translation), edited with footnotes and introduction by M. H. Shakir.
- Ali Ahmad Khan Jullundri, After few centuries a true and easy translation of the glorious holy Qur'an with commentary [incorrectly printed: Ali Ahamad Khan Jullundri].
- Khadim Rahmani Nuri, The Running Commentary of the Holy Quran (The Running Commentary of the Holy Qur-an: With Underbracket Comments).
- S. V. Mir Ahmed Ali, The Holy Quran, (The Holy Qur’an: with English translation of the Arabic text and commentary according to the version of the Holy Ahlul-Bait: with special notes from Ayatullah Agha Haji Mirza Mahdi Pooya Yazdi on the philosophic aspects of some of the verses). Read Now →
Firozuddin Ruhi, The Qur’an.No catalog listing or copy (Jan 2021)
- Abdur Rahman Tariq & Ziauddin Ahmad Gilani, The Holy Qur’an Rendered into English.
- S. M. Abdul Hamid, The Divine Quran, (The Divine Qur-an. It contains the Arabic text with a very lucid translation and short explanatory notes that make the sense clear).
- Abdul Latif, Al-Quran (Al-Qur’an - Rendered into English).
- Malik Ghulam Farid, The Holy Quran (The Holy Qur’an with English Translation and Short Commentary), First Published in 1969 in Pakistan by The Oriental and Religious Publishing Corporation Ltd.
- Pir Salahud-din, The Wonderful Koran (The Wonderful Koran. A New English Translation). Read Now →
- Muhammad Zafrulla Khan, The Koran (The Koran. The Eternal Revelation Vouchsafed to Muhammed, the Seal of the Prophets. Arabic Text with a New Translation).
- Abul A’la Maududi, The Meaning of the Qur’an.
- Abdul Hameed Siddiqui, The Holy Quran (The Holy Qur’an: English Translation and Explanatory Notes).
- Hashim Amir-Ali, The Message of the Quran (The Message of the Qur’an: Presented in Perspective). Read Now →
- Muhammad Muhsin Khan & Muhammad Taqi ud-din al-Hilali, Explanatory English Translation of the Holy Qur’an.
- Muhammad Ahmad, The Koran (The Koran: The First Tafsir in English).
- Mahmud Yusuf Zayid, The Quran (The Qur’an: An English Translation of the Meaning of the Qur’an).
- Muhammad Asad (born Leopold Weiss), The Message of the Qur’an.
- Rashad Khalifa, Quran: The Final Testament.
- Muhammad Sarwar, The Holy Quran (The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation), first published in 1982 by the Islamic Seminary, Englewood, NJ (USA). Read Now →
- M.A.K. Pathan, The Meaning of the Qur’an.
- Ahmed Ali, Al-Quran, (Al-Qur’ān. A Contemporary Translation).
- Abdul-Majeed Az-Zindani, Holy Quran: English Translation of the Meanings and Commentary.
- Thomas Ballantyne Irving (later Ta’lim Ali Abu Nasr), The Quran (The Qur’an. The First American Version).
- Mohammad Mahmud Khatib, The Bounteous Koran, (The Bounteous Koran: A Translation of Meaning and Commentary).
- Houssein Nahaboo, The Holy Quran (The Holy Qurān: the Arabic text and its translation in the English language), by Mus-Haf Publication, Mauritius, 1987 not to be confused with his Frence translation of the Quran entitled Le saint Coran, published in 1983.
- Ahmad Raza Khan Barelvi, The Holy Quran (The Holy Qur’an: An English Translation from Kanzul Iman).
- Abdul Majeed Auolakh, The Holy Qur’an.
- Amatul Rahman Omar & Abdul Manan Omar, The Holy Qur’an.
- Mahmoodul Hasan & Shabbir Ahmad Usmani, The Noble Qur’an: Tafseer-e Usmani.
- Muhammad Khalilur Rahman, The Clarion Call of the Eternal Quran.
- Q. Arafat, The Qur’an: The Conclusive Word of God.
- Ali Ozek, N. Uzunoglu, R. Topuzoglu, and M. Maksutoglu, The Holy Qur’an with English Translation.
- Ahmad Zidan & Dina Zidan, The Glorious Qur’an.
- Mir Aneesuddin, A Simple Translation of the Holy Qur’an.
- Mohamed J. Ahmed & Samira Ahmed, The Koran, Complete Dictionary and Literal Translation.
- Abdul Karim, Dawatul Qur’an, Arabic Text, Translation, and Commentary.
- Izzuddin Al-Hayek, An Approximate, Plain, Straightforward Translation of the Meanings of the Honorable Qur’an in English.
- Ghulam Ahmed Pervez, Exposition of the Holy Qur’an.
- Majid Fakhry, The Qur’an — A Modern English Version. In 2000 republished as a bilingual edition, entitled: An Interpretation of the Qur'an (An Interpretation of the Qur'an; English Translation of the Meanings; A Bilingual Edition), published by Garnet Publishing Limited, UK. Read Now →
- Muhammad Baqir Behbudi & Colin Turner, The Quran: A New Interpretation (The Quran. A New Interpretation. Textual Exegesis and English translation).
- Muhammad Farooq-i Azam Malik, Al-Qur’an, Guidance for Mankind.
- Muhammad Mahmoud Al-Ghali, Towards Understanding the Ever-Glorious Qur’an.
- "Saheeh International" (by Um Muhammad), The Qur’an: English Meanings and Notes.
- Abdalhaqq Bewley & Aisha Bewley, The Noble Quran (The Noble Qur’an: A New Rendering of Its Meaning in English).
- Abdullah Nooruddeen Durkee & Hajjah Noura Durkee, The Tajwidi Qur’an.
- Abdul Ghaffur Parekh, Easy Dictionary of the Qur’an.
- Fazlollah Nikayin, The Quran (The Quran; The First Poetic Translation), published by The Ultimate Book, Inc. Skokie, Illinois, USA, 2000. Read Now →
- Hamid S. Aziz, The Meaning of the Holy Qur’an, with Explanatory Notes
- Serdar Ozturk, Translation of the Qur’an, published by Okyanus Yayincilik. Later republished under the title Translation of the Qur’an.
- Timothy Winter, Uthman Hutchinson, Mostafa al-Badawi (Translation Committee), The Majestic Qur’an.
- Zohurul Hoque, Translation and Commentary on the Holy Qur’an.
- Hassan Qaribullah & Ahmed Darwish, The Meaning of the Glorious Qur’an.
- Mohammad Javad Gohari, The Qur’an.
- Ali Quli Qarai, The Quran (The Qur’ān with an English Paraphrase), published by The Centre for Translation of the Holy Qur’ān, Qom, Iran in collaboration with the Islamic College for Advanced Studies (ICAS), London, United Kingdom. In 2004 the translation was rebranded and republished as the First Edition by the Islamic College for Advanced Studies (ICAS), entitled: The Qur’ān; With a Phrase-by-Phrase English Translation. Read Now →
- Muhammad A. S. Abdel Haleem, The Qur’an: A New Translation.
- Thomas Cleary, The Qur’an: A New Translation.
- Bijan Moeinian, An Easy to Understand Translation of the Qur’an.
- Adam Esabhai, The Spirit Of The Qur'an, published by Muhammad Nasir Khan for Farid Book Depot (P) LTD, New Delhi, India.
- Ali Ünal, The Quran (The Qur'an with Annotated Interpretation in Modern English), published by The Light, Inc, Somerset, New Jersey, USA.
- Tahere Saffarzadeh, The Holy Quran (The Holy Qur’an — Persian and English Translation with Commentary).
- Zafar Ishaq Ansari, Towards Understanding the Qur’an.
- Afzal Hoosen Elias, Quran Made Easy.
- Alan Jones, The Quran (The Qur’an: Translated into English).
- Ahmed Zaki Hammad, The Gracious Quran (The Gracious Quran: A Modern-Phrased Interpretation in English), published by Lucent Interpretations, LLC, Lisle (IL), USA. Read Now →
- Edip Yuksel, Layth Saleh Al-Shaiban, Martha Schulte-Nafeh, Quran (Quran: A Reformist Translation), by Brainbow Press.
- Laleh Bakhtiar, The Sublime Quran.
- Muhammad Taqi Usmani, The Meaning of the Noble Quran (with Explanatory Notes in Two Volumes).
- Tarif Khalidi, The Quran (The Qur’an: A New Translation).
- Usama K. Dakdok, The Generous Quran (The Generous Qur’an; An Accurate, Modern English Translation of the Qur'an, Islam’s Holiest Book), published by Usama Publishing (an independent company that specializes in the publication of material that equips Christians to be effective witnesses of Jesus Christ).
- Wahiduddin Khan, The Quran, published by Goodword Books, New Delhi, India. Later also published under the title The Qur’an: Translation and Commentary with Parallel Arabic Text.
- Imtiaz Ahmad, The Easy Quran (The Easy Qur’an; Translation of the Holy Qur’an in easy English), published by Tawheed Center of Farmington Hills, USA (book website)
- Arthur J. Droge, The Quran (The Qurʼān: A New Annotated Translation), published by Equinox Publishing, London, UK.
- Shehnaz Shaikh and Kausar Khatri The glorious Quran (The glorious Quran: word-for-word translation to facilitate learning of Quranic Arabic), published by Alhuda Publications, New Delhi, India.
- Musharraf Hussain, The Majestic Quran (The Majestic Quran; A plain English translation), published by Invitation Publishing, UK (book website).
- Jane McAuliffe The Quran (The Qur’ān; A Revised Translation : Origions : Interpretations and Analysis : Sounds, Sights, and Remedies : The Qur’ān in America), edited by Jane McAuliffe. The Quran translation is an abrigated edition of The Meaning of The Glorious Koran by Marmaduke Pickthall, first published in 1930. Published in 2017 by W. W. Morton & Company, Inc., New York, United States.
- Adil Salahi The Quran (The Qur’an. A Translation for the 21st Century), published by The Islamic Foundation, Leicestershire, United Kingdon, and distributed by Kube Publishing Ltd.
- Gordon D. Nickel, The Quran with Christian Commentary (The Quran with Christian Commentary: a Guide to Understanding the Scripture of Islam), published by Zondervan Academic, Michigan, USA. The translation is based on the 2013 translation by Arthur J. Droge, The Qurʼān: A New Annotated Translation, first published in 2012.