Marmaduke Pickthall, The Meaning of The Glorious Koran. An Explanatory Translation (1930)
Al-Jâthiyah, “Crouching,” takes its name from a word in v. 28.
It belongs to the middle group of Meccan Sûrahs.
1. Ḥâ. Mîm.1
2. The revelation of the Scripture is from Allah, the Mighty, the Wise.
3. Lo! in the heavens and the earth are portents for believers.
4. And in your creation, and all the beasts that He scattereth in the earth, are portents for a folk whose faith is sure.
5. And the difference of night and day and the provision that Allah sendeth down from the sky and thereby quickeneth the earth after her death, and the ordering of the winds, are portents for a people who have sense.
6. These are the portents of Allah which We recite unto thee (Muhammad) with truth. Then in what fact, after Allah and His portents, will they believe?
7. Woe unto each sinful liar,
8. Who heareth the revelations of Allah receive unto him, and then continueth in pride as though he heard them not. Give him tidings of a painful doom.
1 See Sûr. II, v. 1, footnote.