Marmaduke Pickthall, The Meaning of The Glorious Koran. An Explanatory Translation (1930)
will be no rejection of his effort. Lo! We record (it), for him.
95. And there is a ban upon any community which We have destroyed: that they shall not return,
96. Until, when Gog and Magog are let loose, and they hasten out of every mound,
97. And the True Promise draweth nigh; then behold them, staring wide (in terror), the eyes of those who disbelieve! (They say): Alas for us! We (lived) in forgetfulness of this. Ah, but we were wrong-doers!
98. Lo! ye (idolaters) and that which ye worship beside Allah are fuel of hell. Thereunto ye will come.
99. If these had been Gods they would not have come thither, but all will abide therein.
100. Therein wailing is their portion, and therein they hear not.
101. Lo! those unto whom kindness hath gone forth before from Us, they will be far removed from thence.
102. They will not hear the slightest sound thereof, while they abide in that which their souls desire.
103. The Supreme Horror will not grieve them, and the angels will welcome them, (saying): This is your Day which ye were promised;
104. The Day when We shall roll up the heavens as a recorder rolleth up a written scroll. As We began the first creation, We shall repeat it. (It is) a promise (binding) upon Us. Lo! We are to perform it.
105. And verily We have written in the Scripture, after the Reminder: My righteous slaves will inherit the earth:
106. Lo! there is a plain statement for folk who are devout.
107. We sent thee not save as a mercy for the peoples.