Marmaduke Pickthall, The Meaning of The Glorious Koran. An Explanatory Translation (1930)
the right establishment of worship and the giving of alms, and they were worshippers of Us (alone).
74. And unto Lot We gave judgement and knowledge, and We delivered him from the community that did abominations. Lo! they were folk of evil, lewd.
75. And We brought him in unto Our mercy. Lo! he was of the righteous.
76. And Noah, when he cried of old, We heard his prayer and saved him and his household from the great affliction.
77. And delivered him from the people who denied Our revelations. Lo! they were folk of evil, therefor did We drown them all.
78. And David and Solomon, when they gave judgement concerning the field, when people’s sheep had strayed and browsed therein by night; and We were witnesses to their judgement.
79. And We made Solomon to understand (the case); and unto each of them We gave judgement and knowledge. And We subdued the hills and the birds to hymn (His) praise along with David. We were the doers (thereof).
80. And We taught him the art of making garments (of mail) to protect you in your daring. Are ye then thankful?
81. And unto Solomon (We subdued) the wind in its raging. It set by His command toward the land which We had blessed. And of everything We are aware.
82. And of the evil ones 1 (subdued We unto him) some who dived (for pearls) for him and did other work, and We were warders unto them.
83. And Job, when he cried unto his Lord, (saying): Lo! adversity afflicteth me, and Thou art Most Merciful of all who show mercy.
1 Ar. Shayâtîn, lit. “devils.”