Marmaduke Pickthall, The Meaning of The Glorious Koran. An Explanatory Translation (1930)
159. There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them —
160. Because of the wrongdoing of the Jews We forbade them good things which were (before) made lawful unto them, and because of their much hindering from Allah’s way,
161. And of their taking usury when they were forbidden it, and of their devouring people’s wealth by false pretences. We have prepared for those of them who disbelieve a painful doom.
162. But those of them who are firm in knowledge and the believers believe in that which is revealed unto thee, and that which was revealed before thee, especially the diligent in prayer and those who pay the poor-due, the believers in Allah and the Last Day, Upon these We shall bestow immense reward.
163. Lo! We inspire thee as We inspired Noah and the prophets after him, as We inspired Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and Jesus and Job and Jonah and Aaron and Solomon, and as we imparted unto David the Psalms;
164. And messengers We have mentioned unto thee before and messengers We have not mentioned unto thee; and Allah spake directly unto Moses;
165. Messengers of good cheer and of warning, in order that mankind might have no argument against Allah after the messengers. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise.
166. But Allah (Himself) testified, concerning that which He hath revealeth unto thee; in His knowledge hath He revealed it; and the Angels also testify. And Allah is sufficient witness.
167. Lo! those who disbelieve and hinder (others) from the way of Allah, they verily have wandered far astray.