Marmaduke Pickthall, The Meaning of The Glorious Koran. An Explanatory Translation (1930)
151. Such are disbelievers in truth; and for disbelievers We prepare a shameful doom.
152. But those who believe in Allah and His messengers and make no distinction between any of them, unto them Allah will give their wages; and Allah was ever Forgiving, Merciful.
153. The People of the Scripture ask of thee that thou shouldst cause an (actual) Book to descend upon them from heaven. They asked a greater thing of Moses aforetime, for they said: Show us Allah plainly. The storm of lightning seized them for their wickedness. Then (even after that) they chose the calf (for worship) after clear proofs (of Allah’s Sovereignty) had come unto them. And We forgave them that! And We bestowed on Moses evident authority.
154. And We caused the Mount to tower above them at (the taking of) their covenant: and We bade them: Enter the gate, prostrate! and we bade them: Transgress not the Sabbath! and We took from them a firm covenant.
155. Then because of their breaking of their covenant, and their disbelieving in the revelations of Allah, and their slaying of the Prophets wrongfully, and their saying: Our hearts are hardened — Nay, but Allah hath set a seal upon them for their disbelief, so that they believe not save a few —
156. And because of their disbelief and of their speaking against Mary a tremendous calumny;
157. And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah Jesus son of Mary, Allah’s messenger — They slew him not nor crucified, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain,
158. But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise.