M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
2. And taken off from you your burden,
3. Which pressed heavily upon your back,
4. And exalted for you your esteem?
5. Surely with difficulty is ease.
6. With difficulty is surely ease.
7. So when you are free, nominate (your successor Ali)*.
8. And make your Lord your exclusive object.
The Fig (Tin)
1. I swear by the fig and the olive,
2. And mount Sinai,
3. And this city made secure,
4. Certainly We created man in the best make.
5. Then We render him the lowest of the low.
6. Except those who believe and do good, so they shall have a reward never to be cut off.
7. Then who can give you the lie after (this) about the judgment?
8. Is not Allah the best of the Judges?
* For 24 years some people did not accept Ali as the Apostle’s successor. Such surprising events have happened before. Quran recites two such incidents. Refer to Chapter 20 Verses 92, 93, 94, 95 and 96.
When Musa had gone to the mountain, his people did not follow Haroun who was also a prophet, but they followed Samiri.
Also refer to Chapter 2 Ver. 247. When Allah Himself appointed Talut as their king some people were not willing to accept him as such.