M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
drive out the meaner therefrom; and to Allah belongs the might and to His Apostle and to the believers, but the hypocrites do not know.
9. O you who believe! let not your wealth, or your children, divert you from the remembrance of Allah; and whoever does that, these are the losers.
10. And spend out of what We have given you before death comes to one of you, so that he should say: My Lord! why didst Thou not respite me to a near term, so that I should have given alms and been of the doers of good deeds?
11. And Allah does not respite a soul when its appointed term* has come, and Allah is Aware of what you do.
Loss and Gain (Taghabun)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth declares the glory of Allah; to Him belongs the kingdom, and to Him is due (all) praise, and He has power over all things.
2. He it is Who created you, but one of you is an unbeliever and another of you is a believer;
* When one’s time is up, nothing can save him.