M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
yourselves for a while.
44. But they revolted against the commandment of their Lord, so the rumbling overtook them while they saw.
45. So they were not able to rise up, nor could they defend themselves;
46. And the people of Nuh before, surely they were a transgressing people.
47. And the heaven, We raised it high with power, and most surely We are the makers of things ample.
48. And the earth, We have made it a wide extent; how well have We then spread (it) out.
49. And of every thing We have created pairs that you may be mindful.
50. Therefore fly to Allah, surely I am a plain warner to you from Him.
51. And do not set up with Allah another god: surely I am a plain warner to you from Him.
52. Thus there did not come to those before them an apostle but they said: A magician or a mad man.
53. Have they charged each other with this? Nay! they are an inordinate people.
54. Then turn your back upon them for you are not to blame;
55. And continue to remind, for surely the reminder profits the believers.