M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
31. He said: What is your affair then, O messengers!
32. They said: Surely we are sent to a guilty people,
33. That we may send down upon them stones of clay,
34. Sent forth from your Lord for the extravagant.
35. Then We brought forth such as were therein of the believers.
36. But We did not find therein save a (single) house of those who submitted (the Muslims).
37. And We left therein a sign for those who fear the painful punishment.
38. And in Musa: When We sent him to Firon with clear authority.
39. But he turned away with his forces and said: A magician or a mad man.
40. So We seized him and his hosts and hurled them into the sea, and he was blamable.
41. And in Ad: When We sent upon them the destructive wind.
42. It did not leave aught on which it blew, but it made it like ashes.
43. And in Samood: When it was said to them: Enjoy