M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
day of resurrection, so this is the day of resurrection, but you did not know.
57. But on that day their excuse shall not profit those who were unjust, nor they be regarded with goodwill.
58. And certainly We have set forth for men every kind of example in this Quran; and if you should bring them a communication, those who disbelieve would certainly say: You are naught but false claimants.
59. Thus does Allah set a seal on the hearts of those who do not know.
60. Therefore be patient; surely the promise of Allah is true, and let not those who have no certainty hold you in light estimation.
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Alif Lam Mim.
2. These are verses of the Book of Wisdom,
3. A guidance and a mercy for the doers of goodness,
4. Those who keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and they are certain of the hereafter.
5. These are on a guidance from their Lord, and these are