M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
they who are successful.
6. And of men is he who takes instead frivolous discourse to lead astray from Allah’s path without knowledge, and to take it for a mockery; these shall have an abasing chastisement.
7. And when Our communications are recited to him, he turns back proudly, as if he had not heard them, as though in his ears were a heaviness, therefore announce to him a painful chastisement.*
8. (As for) those who believe and do good, they shall surely have gardens of bliss,
9. Abiding in them; the promise of Allah; (a) true (promise), and He is the Mighty, the Wise.
10. He created the heavens without pillars as you see them, and put mountains upon the earth lest it might convulse with you,andHespreadinitanimals of every kind; and We sent down water from the cloud, then caused to grow therein (vegetation) of every noble kind.
11. This is Allah’s creation, but show Me what those besides Him have created. Nay, the unjust are in manifest error.
* Quite a few of the intellectuals are hypocrites, for they do what suits them and they disregard the commandments of Allah, which do not suit them.