M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
earth and what is between them two and what is beneath the ground.
7. And if you utter the saying aloud, then surely He knows the secret, and what is yet more hidden.
8. Allah — there is no god but He; His are the very best names.
9. And has the story of Musa come to you?
10. When he saw fire, he said to his family: Stop, for surely I see a fire, haply I may bring to you therefrom a live coal or find a guidance at the fire.
11. So when he came to it, a voice was uttered: O Musa:
12. Surely I am your Lord, therefore put off your shoes, surely you are in the sacred valley, Tuwa,
13. And I have chosen you, so listen to what is revealed:
14. Surely I am Allah, there is no god but I, therefore serve Me and keep up prayer for My remembrance:
15. Surely the hour is coming — I am about to make it manifest — so that every soul may be rewarded as it strives:
16. Therefore let not him who believes not in it and follows his low desires turn you away from it so that you should perish;
17. And what is this in your right hand, O Musa!
18. He said: This is my staff: I recline on it and I beat the