Marmaduke Pickthall, The Meaning of The Glorious Koran. An Explanatory Translation (1930)
20. And the hills are set in motion and become as a mirage.
21. Lo! hell lurketh in ambush,
22. A home for the rebellious.
23. They will abide therein for ages.
24. Therein taste they neither coolness nor (any) drink
25. Save boiling water and a paralysing cold:
26. Reward proportioned (to their evil deeds).
27. For lo! they looked not for a reckoning;
28. They called Our revelations false with strong denial.
29. Everything have We recorded in a Book.
30. So taste (of that which ye have earned). No increase do We give vou save of torment.
31. Lo! for the duteous is achievement —
32. Gardens enclosed and vineyards,
33. And maidens for companions,
34. And a full cup.
35. There hear they never vain discourse, nor lying —
36. Requital from thy Lord — a gift in payment —
37. Lord of the heavens and the earth, and (all) that is between them, the Beneficent; with Whom none can converse.
38. On the day when the angels and the Spirit stand arrayed, they speak not, saving him whom the Beneficent alloweth and who speaketh right.
39. That is the True Day. So whoso will should seek recourse unto his Lord.
40. Lo! We warn you of a doom at hand, a day whereon a man will look on that which his own hands have sent before, and the disbeliever will cry: “Would that I were dust!”