Marmaduke Pickthall, The Meaning of The Glorious Koran. An Explanatory Translation (1930)
As-Sajdah, “The Prostration,” takes its name from a word in v. 15. It belongs to the middle group of Meccan Sûrahs.
1. Alif. Lâm. Mîm.1
2. The revelation of the Scripture whereof there is no doubt is from the Lord of the Worlds.
3. Or say they: He hath invented it? Nay, but it is the Truth from thy Lord, that thou mayst warn a folk to whom no warner came before thee, that haply they may walk aright.
4. Allah it is Who created the heavens and the earth, and that which is between them, in six Days. Then He mounted the throne. Ye have not, beside Him, a protecting friend or mediator. Will ye not then remember?
5. He directeth the ordinance from the heaven unto the earth; then it ascendeth unto Him in a Day, whereof the measure is a thousand years of that ye reckon.
6. Such is the Knower of the invisible and the visible, the Mighty, the Merciful,
7. Who made all things good which He created, and He began the creation of man from clay;
8. Then He made his seed from a draught of despised fluid;
1 See Sûr. II, v. 1, footnote.