M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
serve Allah, being sincere to Him in obedience, upright, and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, and that is the right religion.*
6. Surely those who disbelieve from among the followers of the Book and the polytheists shall be in the fire of hell, abiding therein; they are the worst of men.**
7. (As for) those who believe and do good, surely they are the best of men.***
8. Their reward with their Lord is gardens of perpetuity beneath which rivers flow, abiding therein for ever; Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Him; that is for him who fears his Lord.
The Shaking (Zilzal)
1. When the earth is shaken with her (violent) shaking,
2. And the earth brings forth her burdens,
3. And man says: What has befallen her?
4. On that day she shall tell her news,
5. Because your Lord had inspired her.
6. On that day men shall come forth in sundry bodies that
* Defines the right religion.
** Defines the worst men.
*** Defines the best men.