M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
38. The day on which the spirit and the angels shall stand in ranks; they shall not speak except he whom the Beneficent God permits and who speaks the right thing.
39. That is the sure day, so whoever desires may take refuge with his Lord.
40. Surely We have warned you of a chastisement near at hand: the day when man shall see what his two hands have sent before, and the unbeliever shall say: O! would that I were dust!
Those Who Pull Out (Naziat)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. I swear by the angels who violently pull out the souls of the wicked,
2. And by those who gently draw out the souls of the blessed,
3. And by those who float in space,
4. Then those who are foremost going ahead,
5. Then those who regulate the affair.
6. The day on which the quaking one shall quake,
7. What must happen after wards shall follow it.
8. Hearts on that day shall palpitate,
9. Their eyes cast down.
10. They say: Shall we indeed be restored to (our) first state?