M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
The Great Event (Naba)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Of what do they ask one another?
2. About the great event,
3. About which they differ?
4. Nay! they shall soon come to know;
5. Nay! Nay! they shall soon know.
6. Have We not made the earth an even expanse?
7. And the mountains as projections (thereon)?
8. And We created you in pairs,
9. And We made your sleep to be rest (to you),
10. And We made the night to be a covering,
11. And We made the day for seeking livelihood.
12. And We made above you seven strong ones,
13. And We made a shining lamp,
14. And We send down from the clouds water pouring forth abundantly,
15. That We may bring forth thereby corn and herbs,
16. And gardens dense and luxuriant.
17. Surely the day of decision is (a day) appointed:
18. The day on which the trumpet shall be blown so you shall come forth in hosts,