M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
13. To the day of decision.
14. And what will make you comprehend what the day of decision is?
15. Woe on that day to the rejecters.
16. Did We not destroy the former generations?
17. Then did We follow them up with later ones.
18. Even thus shall We deal with the guilty.
19. Woe on that day to the rejecters.
20. Did We not create you from contemptible water?
21. Then We placed it in a secure resting-place,
22. Till an appointed term,
23. So We proportion it — how well are We at proportioning (things).
24. Woe on that day to the rejecters.
25. Have We not made the earth to draw together to itself,
26. The living and the dead,
27. And made therein lofty mountains, and given you to drink of sweet water?
28. Woe on that day to the rejecters.
29. Walk on to that which you called a lie.
30. Walk on to the covering having three branches,
31. Neither having the coolness of the shade nor availing against the flame.