M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
down, they would say: Piled up clouds.
45. Leave them then till they meet that day of theirs wherein they shall be made to swoon (with terror):
46. The day on which their struggle shall not avail them aught, nor shall they be helped.
47. And surely those who are unjust shall have a punishment besides that (in the world), but most of them do not know.
48. And wait patiently for the judgment of your Lord, for surely you are before Our eyes, and sing the praise of your Lord when you rise;
49. And in the night, give Him glory too, and at the setting of the stars.
The Star (Najm)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. I swear by the star when it goes down.
2. Your companion does not err, nor does he go astray;
3. Nor does he speak out of desire.
4. It is naught but revelation that is revealed,
5. The Lord of Mighty Power has taught him,
6. The Lord of Strength; so he attained completion,
7. And he is in the highest part of the horizon*.
* Following ayats refer to the incident of Meraj.