M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
Allah watches over them, and you have not charge over them.
7. And thus have We revealed to you an Arabic Quran, that you may warn the mother city* and those around it, and that you may give warning of the day of gathering together wherein is no doubt; a party shall be in the garden and (another) party in the burning fire.
8. And if Allah had pleased He would surely have made them a single community, but He makes whom He pleases enter into His mercy, and the unjust it is that shall have no guardian or helper.
9. Or have they taken guardians besides Him? But Allah is the Guardian, and He gives life to the dead, and He has power over all things.
10. And in whatever thing you disagree, the judgment thereof is (in) Allah’s (hand); that is Allah, my Lord, on Him do I rely and to Him do I turn time after time.
11. The Originator of the heavens and the earth; He made mates for you from among yourselves, and mates of the cattle too, multiplying you thereby; nothing like a likeness of Him; and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.