M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
who is in a prolonged opposition?
53. We will soon show them Our signs in the Universe and in their own souls, until it will become quite clear to them that it is the truth. Is it not sufficient as regards your Lord that He is a witness over all things?
54. Now surely they are in doubt as to the meeting of their Lord; now surely He encompasses all things.
The Counsel (Shura)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Ha Mim.
2. Ain Sin Qaf.
3. Thus does Allah, the Mighty, the Wise, reveal to you, and (thus He revealed) to those before you.
4. His is what is in the heavens and what is in the earth, and He is the High, the Great.
5. The heavens may almost rend asunder from above them and the angels sing the praise of their Lord and ask forgiveness for those on earth; now surely Allah is the Forgiving, the Merciful.
6. And (as for) those who take guardians besides Him,