M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
not be helped.
55. And follow the best that has been revealed to you from your Lord before there comes to you the punishment all of a sudden while you do not even perceive;
56. Lest a soul should say: O woe to me! for what I fell short of my duty to Allah, and most surely I was of those who laughed to scorn;
57. Or it should say: Had Allah guided me, I would certainly have been of those who guard (against evil);
58. Or it should say when it sees the punishment: Were there only are turning for me, I should be of the doers of good.
59. Aye! My communications came to you, but you rejected them, and you were proud and you were one of the unbelievers.
60. And on the day of resurrection you shall see those who lied against Allah; their faces shall be blackened. Is there not in hell an abode for the proud?
61. And Allah shall deliver those who guard (against evil)