M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
45. Both said: O our Lord I surely we fear that he may hasten to do evil to us or that he may become inordinate.
46. He said Fear not, surely I am with you both: I do hear and see:
47. So go you both to him and say: Surely we are two apostles of your Lord; therefore send the children of Israel with us and do not torment them! Indeed we have brought to you a communication from your Lord, and peace is on him who follows the guidance:
48. Surely it has been revealed to us that the chastisement will surely come upon him who rejects and turns back.
49. (Firon) said: And who is your Lord, O Musa?
50. He said: Our Lord is He Who gave to everything its creation, then guided it (to its goal).
51. He said: Then what is the state of the former generations?
52. He said: The knowledge thereof is with my Lord in a book: my Lord errs not, nor does He forget:
53. Who made the earth for you an expanse and made for you therein paths and sent down water from the cloud; then thereby We have brought forth many species of various herbs: