M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
covenant with the Beneficent God?
79. By no means! We write down what he says, and We will lengthen to him the length of the chastisement,
80. And We will inherit of him what he says, and he shall come to Us alone.
81. And they have taken gods besides Allah, that they should be to them a source of strength;
82. By no means! They shall soon deny their worshipping them, and they shall be adversaries to them.
83. Do you not see that We have sent the Shaitans against the unbelievers, inciting them by incitement?
84. Therefore be not in haste against them, We only number out to them a number (of days).
85. The day on which We will gather those who guard (against evil) to the Beneficent God to receive honours,
86. And We will drive the guilty to hell thirsty.
87. They shall not control intercession, save he who has made a covenant: with the Beneficent God.
88. And they say: The Beneficent God has taken (to Himself) a son.
89. Certainly you have made an abominable assertion:
90. The heavens may almost be rent thereat, and the earth cleave asunder, and the mountains fall down in pieces,
91. That they ascribe a son to the Beneficent God.