M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
serve Him; this is the right path.
37. But parties from among them disagreed with each other, so woe to those who disbelieve, because of presence on a great day.
38. How clearly shall they hear and how clearly shall they see on the day when they come to Us; but the unjust this day are in manifest error.
39. And warn them of the day of intense regret, when the matter shall have been decided; and they are (now) in negligence and they do not believe.
40. Surely We inherit the earth and all those who are on it, and to Us they shall be returned.
41. And mention Ibrahim in the Book; surely he was a truthful man, a prophet.
42. When he said to his father:* O my father! why do you worship what neither hears nor sees, nor does it avail you in the least:
43. O my father! truly the knowledge has come to me which has not come to you, therefore follow me, I will guide you on a right path:
44. O my father! serve not the Shaitan, surely the Shaitan is disobedient to the Beneficent God:
45. O my father! surely I fear that a punishment from the
* The name of Ibrahim’s father or uncle or guardian was Aazer.