M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Kaf Ha Ya Ain Suad.
2. A mention of the mercy of your Lord to His servant Zakariya.
3. When he called upon his Lord in a low voice.
4. He said: My Lord! surely my bones are weakened and my head flares with hoariness, and, my Lord! I have never been unsuccessful in my prayer to Thee:
5. And surely I fear my cousins after me, and my wife is barren, therefore grant me from Thyself an heir,
6. Who should inherit me and inherit from the children of Yaqoub, and make him, my Lord, one in whom Thou art well pleased.
7. O Zakariya! surely We give you good news of a boy whose name shall be Yahya: We have not made before anyone his equal.
8. He said: O my Lord! when shall I have a son, and my wife is barren, and I myself have reached indeed the extreme degree of old age?
9. He said: So shall it be; your Lord says: It is easy to Me, and indeed I created you before,