M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
is better, therefore you only help me with workers, I will make a fortified barrier between you and them;
96. Bring me blocks of iron; until when he had filled up the space between the two mountain sides, he said, Blow; until when he had made it (as) fire, he said: Bring me molten brass which I may pour over it.
97. So they were not able to scale it nor could they make a hole in it.
98. He said: This is a mercy from my Lord, but when the promise of my Lord comes to pass He will make it level with the ground, and the promise of my Lord is ever true.
99. And on that day We will leave a part of them in conflict with another part, and the trumpet will be blown, so We will gather them all together;
100. Arid We will bring forth hell, exposed to view, on that day before the unbelievers.
101. They whose eyes were under a cover from My reminder, and they could not even hear.
102. What! do then those who disbelieve think that they can take My servants to be guardians besides Me? Surely We have prepared hell for the