M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
then shall he be returned to his Lord, and He will chastise him with an exemplary chastisement:
88. And as for him who believes and does good, he shall have goodly reward, and We will speak to him an easy word of Our command.
89. Then he followed (another) course.
90. Until when he reached the land of the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people to whom We had given no shelter from it;
91. Even so! and We had a full knowledge of what he had.
92. Then he followed (another) course.
93. Until when he reached (a place) between the two mountains, he found on that side of them a people who could hardly understand a word.
94. They said: O Zulqarnain! surely Gog and Magog make mischief in the land. Shall we then pay you a tribute on condition that you should raise a barrier between us and them.
95. He said: That in which my Lord has established me