M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
reward of the good-doers.
116. But why were there not among the generations before you those possessing understanding, who should have forbidden the making of mischief in the earth, except a few of those whom We delivered from among them? And those who were unjust went after what they are made to enjoy of plenty, and they were guilty.
117. And it did not be-seem your Lord to have destroyed the towns tyrannously, while their people acted well.
118. And if your Lord had pleased He would certainly have made people a single nation and they shall continue to differ.
119. Except those on whom your Lord has mercy; and for this did He create them; and the word of your Lord is fulfilled: Certainly I will fill hell with the jinn and the men, all together.
120. And all we relate to you of the accounts of the apostles is to strengthen your heart therewith; and in this has come to you the truth and an admonition, and a reminder to the believers.
121. And say to those who do not believe: Act according to your state, surely we too are acting.