M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
and the last day; and they are not at all believers.
9. They desire to deceive Allah and those who believe, and they deceive only themselves and they do not perceive.
10. There is a disease in their hearts, so Allah added to their disease and they shall have a painful chastisement because they lied.
11. And when it is said to them, Do not make mischief in the land, they say: We are but peace-makers.
12. Now surely they themselves are the mischief makers, but they do not perceive.
13. And when it is said to them: Believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the fools believe? Now surely they themselves are the fools, but they do not know.
14. And when they meet those who believe, they say: We believe; and when they are alone with their Shaitans, they say: Surely we are with you, we were only mocking.
15. Allah shall pay them back their mockery, and He leaves them alone in their
Shaitan. devils, evil doers, Satan