Marmaduke Pickthall, The Meaning of The Glorious Koran. An Explanatory Translation (1930)
Al-Qârî‘ah takes its name from a word in verse 1 recurring in the next two verses.
A very early Meccan Sûrah.
1. The Calamity!
2. What is the Calamity?
3. Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Calamity is!
4. A day wherein mankind will be as thickly-scattered moths
5. And the mountains will become as carded wool.
6. Then, as for him whose scales are heavy (with good works),
7. He will live a pleasant life.
8. But as for him whose scales are light,
9. The Bereft and Hungry One will be his mother.
10. Ah, what will convey unto thee what she is! —
11. Raging fire.