Marmaduke Pickthall, The Meaning of The Glorious Koran. An Explanatory Translation (1930)
Al-Beyyinah takes its name from a word in the first verse. There is no certainty as to the period of revelation. Many regard it as a late Meccan Sûrah. I follow the attribution in the Musḥaf which I have followed throughout.
The probable date of revelation is the year 1 A.H.
The Clear Proof
1. Those who disbelieve among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters could not have left off (erring) till the clear proof came unto them,
2. A messenger from Allah, reading purified pages
3. Containing correct scriptures.
4. Nor were the People of the Scripture divided until after the clear proof came unto them.
5. And they are ordered naught else than to serve Allah, keeping religion pure for Him, as men by nature upright, and to establish worship and to pay the poor-due. That is true religion.
6. Lo! those who disbelieve, among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters, will abide in fire of hell. They are the worst of created beings.
7. (And) lo! those who believe and do good works are the best of created beings.
8. Their reward is with their Lord: Gardens of Eden underneath which rivers flow, wherein they dwell for ever. Allah hath pleasure in them and they have pleasure in Him. This is (in store) for him who feareth his Lord.