Marmaduke Pickthall, The Meaning of The Glorious Koran. An Explanatory Translation (1930)
Al-Infiṭâr takes its name from a word in verse 1.
An early Meccan Sûrah.
1. When the heaven is cleft asunder,
2. When the planets are dispersed,
3. When the seas are poured forth,
4. And the sepulchres are overturned,
5. A soul will know what it hath sent before (it) and what left behind.
6. O man! What hath made thee careless concerning thy Lord, the Bountiful,
7. Who created thee, then fashioned, then proportioned thee?
8. Into whatsoever form He will, He casteth thee.
9. Nay, but they deny the Judgement.
10. Lo! there are above you guardians,
11. Generous and recording,
12. Who know (all) that ye do.
13. Lo! the righteous verily will be in delight.
14. And lo! the wicked verily will be in hell;
15. They will burn therein on the Day of Judgement,
16. And will not be absent thence.