Marmaduke Pickthall, The Meaning of The Glorious Koran. An Explanatory Translation (1930)
5. And when it is said unto them: Come! The messenger of Allah will ask forgiveness for you! they avert their faces and thou seest them turning away, disdainful.
6. Whether thou ask forgiveness for them or ask not forgiveness for them, Allah will not forgive them. Lo! Allah guideth not the evil-living folk.
7. They it is who say: Spend not on behalf of those (who dwell) with Allah’s messenger that they may disperse (and go away from you); when Allah’s are the treasures of the heavens and the earth; but the hypocrites comprehend not.
8. They say: Surely, if we return to Al-Madînah the mightier will soon drive out the weaker; when might belongeth to Allah and to His messenger and the believers; but the hypocrites know not.
9. O ye who believe! Let not your wealth nor your children distract you from remembrance of Allah. Those who do so, they are the losers.
10. And spend of that wherewith We have provided you before death cometh unto one of you and he saith: My Lord! If only thou wouldst reprieve me for a little while, then I would give alms and be among the righteous.
11. But Allah reprieveth no soul when its term cometh, and Allah is Aware of what ye do.