Marmaduke Pickthall, The Meaning of The Glorious Koran. An Explanatory Translation (1930)
At-Ṭûr, “The Mount,” takes its name from the opening verse.
An early Meccan Sûrah.
1. By the Mount,
2. And a Scripture inscribed
3. On fine parchment unrolled,
4. And the House frequented,
5. And the roof exalted,
6. And the sea kept filled,
7. Lo! the doom of thy Lord will surely come to pass;
8. There is hone that can ward it off.
9. On the day when the heaven will heave with (awful) heaving,
10. And the mountains move away with (awful) movement,
11. Then woe that day unto the deniers
12. Who play in talk of grave matters;
13. The day when they are thrust with a (disdainful) thrust, into the fire of hell
14. (And it is said unto them): This is the Fire which ye were wont to deny.
15. Is this magic, or do ye not see?
16. Endure the heat thereof, and whether ye are patient