M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
The Night (Lail)
1. I swear by the night when it draws a veil,
2. And the day when it shines in brightness,
3. And the creating of the male and the female,
4. Your striving is most surely (directed to) various (ends).
5. Then as for him who gives away and guards (against evil),
6. And accepts the best,
7. We will facilitate for him the easy end.
8. And as for him who is niggardly and considers himself free from need (of Allah),
9. And rejects the best,
10. We will facilitate for him the difficult end.
11. And his wealth will not avail him when he perishes.
12. Surely Ours is it to show the way,
13. And most surely Ours is the hereafter and the former.
14. Therefore I warn you of the fire that flames:
15. None shall enter it but the most unhappy,
16. Who gives the lie (to the truth) and turns (his) back.
17. And away from it shall be kept the one who guards most (against evil),
18. Who gives away his wealth, purifying himself.