M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
26. Then surely upon Us is the taking of their account.
The Daybreak (Fajr)
1. I swear by the daybreak,
2. And the ten nights,
3. And the even and the odd,
4. And the night when it departs.
5. Truly in that there is an oath for those who possess understanding.
6. Have you not considered how your Lord dealt with Ad,
7. (The people of) Aram, possessors of lofty buildings,
8. The like of which were not created in the (other) cities;
9. And (with) Samood, who hewed out the rocks in the valley,
10. And (with) Firon, the lord of hosts,
11. Who committed inordinacy in the cities,
12. So they made great mischief therein?
13. Therefore your Lord let down upon them a portion of the chastisement.
14. Most surely your Lord is watching.
15. And as for man, when his Lord tries him, then treats him with honour and makes him lead an easy life, he says: My Lord honours me.