M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
38. Then he was a clot of blood, so He created (him) then made (him) perfect.
39. Then He made of him two kinds, the male and the female.
40. Is not He able to give life to the dead?
The Man (Insan or — Dahr)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. There surely came over man a period of time when he was a thing not worth mentioning.
2. Surely We have created man from a small life-germ uniting (itself): We mean to try him, so We have made him hearing, seeing.
3. Surely We have shown him the way: he may be thankful or unthankful.
4. Surely We have prepared for the unbelievers chains and shackles and a burning fire.
5. Surely the righteous shall drink of a cup the admixture of which is camphor,
6. A fountain from which the servants of Allah shall drink; they make it to flow a (goodly) flowing forth.
7. They fulfil vows and fear a day the evil of which shall be