M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
The Resurrection (Qiyamah)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Nay! I swear by the day of resurrection.
2. Nay! I swear by the self-accusing soul.
3. Does man think that we shall not gather his bones?
4. Yea! We are able to make complete his very finger-tips,
5. Nay! man desires to give the lie to what is before him.
6. He asks: When is the day of resurrection?
7. So when the sight becomes dazed,
8. And the moon becomes dark,
9. And the sun and the moon are brought together,
10. Man shall say on that day: Whither to fly to?
11. By no means! there shall be no place of refuge!
12. With your Lord alone shall on that day be the place of rest.
13. Man shall on that day be informed of what he sent before and (what he) put off.
14. Nay! man is evidence against himself,
15. Though he puts forth his excuses.
16. Do not move your tongue with it to make haste with it,
17. Surely on Us (devolves) the collecting of it and the reciting of it.