M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
52. Therefore glorify the name of your Lord, the Great.
The Ways of Ascent (Ma’arij)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. One demanding, demanded the chastisement which must befall,
2. The unbelievers — there is none to avert it —
3. From Allah, the Lord of the ways of Ascent.
4. To Him ascend the angels and the Spirit in a day the measure of which is fifty thousand years.*
5. Therefore endure with a goodly patience.
6. Surely they think it to be far off,
7. And We see it nigh.
8. On the day when the heaven shall be as molten copper,
9. And the mountains shall be as tufts of wool;
10. And friend shall not ask of friend,
11. (Though) they shall be made to see each other. The guilty one would fain redeem himself from the chastisement of that day by (sacrificing) his children,
12. And his wife and his brother,
13. And the nearest of his kinsfolk who gave him shelter,
14. And all those that are in the earth, (wishing) then (that) this might deliver him.
* The scientists should study what it means.