M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
beware of them; and if you pardon and forbear and forgive, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
15. Your possessions and your children are only a trial, and Allah it is with Whom is a great reward.
16. Therefore be careful of (your duty to) Allah as much as you can, and hear and obey and spend, it is better for your souls; and whoever is saved from the greediness of his soul, these it is that are the successful.
17. If you set apart for Allah a goodly portion, He will double it for you and forgive you; and Allah is the Multiplier (of rewards), Forbearing,
18. The Knower of the unseen and the seen, the Mighty, the Wise.
The Divorce (Talaq)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. O Prophet! when you divorce women, divorce them for their prescribed time, and calculate the number of the days prescribed, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah, your Lord. Do not drive them out of their houses, nor should they themselves go forth, unless they commit an open indecency; and