M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny?
Blessed be the name of your Lord, the Lord of Glory and Honour!
The Great Event (Waqia)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. When the great event comes to pass,
2. There is no belying its coming to pass —
3. Abasing (one party), exalting (the other),
4. When the earth shall be shaken with a (severe) shaking,
5. And the mountains shall be made to crumble with (an awful) crumbling,
6. So that they shall be as scattered dust.
7. And you shall be three sorts.
8. Then (as to) the companions of the right hand; how happy are the companions of the right hand!
9. And (as to) the companions of the left hand; how wretched are the companions of the left hand!
10. And the foremost are the foremost,
11. These are they who are drawn nigh (to Allah),
12. In the gardens of bliss.
13. A numerous company from among the first,
14. And a few from among the latter.
15. On thrones decorated,