M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
guests, but We blinded their eyes; so taste My chastisement and My warning.
38. And certainly a lasting chastisement overtook them in the morning.
39. So taste My chastisement and My warning.
40. And certainly We have made the Quran easy for remembrance, but is there any one who will mind?
41. And certainly the warning came to Firon’s people.
42. They rejected all Our communications, so We overtook them after the manner of a Mighty, Powerful One.
43. Are the unbelievers of yours better than these, or is there an exemption for you in the scriptures?
44. Or do they say: We are a host allied together to help each other?
45. Soon shall the hosts be routed, and they shall turn (their) backs.
46. Nay, the hour is their promised time, and the' hour shall be most grievous and bitter.
47. Surely the guilty are in error and distress.
48. On the day when they shall be dragged upon their facts into the fire; taste the touch of hell.
49. Surely We have created every thing according to a measure.
50. And Our command is but one, as the twinkling of an eye.*
* Nothing is difficult for Allah.