M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
47. And that on Him is the bringing forth a second time;
48. And that He it is Who enriches and gives to hold;
49. And that He is the Lord of the Sirius;
50. And that He did destroy the Ad of old,
51. And Samood, so He spared not,
52. And the people of Nuh before; surely they were most unjust and inordinate;
53. And the overthrown cities did He overthrow,
54. So there covered them that which covered.
55. Which of your Lord’s benefits will you then dispute about?
56. This is a warner of the warners of old.
57. The near event draws nigh.
58. There shall be none besides Allah to remove it.
59. Do you then wonder at this announcement?
60. And will you laugh and not weep?
61. While you are indulging in varieties.
62. So make obeisance to Allah and serve (Him).
The Moon (Qamar)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent the Merciful.
1. The hour drew nigh and the moon did rend asunder.