M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
Allah’s way, but among you are those who are niggardly, and whoever is niggardly is niggardly against his own soul; and Allah is Self-sufficient and you have need (of Him), and if you turn back He will bring in your place another people, then they will not be like you.
The Victory (Fateh)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Surely We have given to you a clear victory,
2. That Allah may forgive your community their past faults and those to follow and complete His favour to you and keep you on a right way,
3. And that Allah might help you with a mighty help.
4. He it is Who sent down tranquility into the hearts of the believers that they might have more of faith added to their faith — and Allah’s are the hosts of the heavens and the earth, and Allah is Knowing, Wise —
5. That He may cause the believing men and the believing women to enter gardens beneath which rivers flow to abide therein and remove from them their evil; and that is a grand achievement with Allah;