M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
those who are slain in the way of Allah, He will by no means allow their deeds to perish.
5. He will guide them and improve their condition.
6. And cause them to enter the garden which He has made known to them.
7. O you who believe! if you help (the cause of) Allah, He will help* you and make firm your feet.
8. And (as for) those who disbelieve, for them is destruction, and He has made their deeds ineffective.
9. That is because they hated what Allah revealed, so He rendered their deeds null.
10. Have they not then journeyed in the land and seen how was the end of those before them: Allah brought down destruction upon them, and the unbelievers shall have the like of it.
11. That is because Allah is the Protector of those who believe, and because the unbelievers shall have no protector for them.
12. Surely Allah will make those who believe and do good enter garden beneath which rivers flow; and those who disbelieve enjoy themselves and
* If you wish Allah to help you, you help His cause.