M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
The Sandhills (Ahqaf)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Ha Mim.
2. The revelation of the Book is from Allah, the Mighty, the Wise.
3. We did not create the heavens and the earth and what is between them two save with truth and (for) an appointed term; and those who disbelieve turn aside from what they are warned of.
4. Say: Have you considered what you call upon besides Allah? Show me what they have created of the earth, or have they a share in the heavens? Bring me a book before this or traces of knowledge, if you are truthful.
5. And who is in greater error than he who calls besides Allah upon those that will not answer him till the day of resurrection and they are heedless of their call?
6. And when men are gathered together they shall be their enemies, and shall be deniers of their worshipping (them).
7. And when Our clear communications are recited to