M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
authority for intercession, but he who bears witness of the truth and they know (him).*
87. And if you should ask them who created them, they would certainly say: Allah. Whence are they then turned back?
88. Consider his cry: O my Lord! surely they are a people who do not believe.
89. So turn away from them and say, Peace, for they shall soon come to know.
The Drought (Dukhan)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Ha Mim!
2. I swear by the Book that makes manifest (the truth).
3. Surely We revealed it on a blessed night — surely We are ever warning —
4. Therein every wise affair is made distinct,
5. A command from Us; surely We are the senders (of apostles),
6. A mercy from your Lord, surely He is the Hearing, the Knowing,
7. The Lord of the heavens and the earth and what is between them, if you would be sure.
* Ali is the first man, who bore witness to the truthfulness of the Holy Prophet Muhammed.