M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
52. And thus did We reveal to you an inspired book by Our command. You did not know what the Book was, nor (what) the faith (was), but We made it a light, guiding thereby whom We please of Our servants; and most surely you show the way to the right path:
53. The path of Allah, Whose is whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth; now surely to Allah do all affairs eventually come.
The Embellishment (Zukhruf)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Ha Mim.
2. I swear by the Book that makes things clear:
3. Surely We have made it an Arabic Quran that you may understand.
4. And surely it is in the original of the Book with Us, truly elevated, full of wisdom.
5. What! shall We then turn away the reminder from you altogether because you are an extravagant people?
6. And how many a prophet have We sent among the ancients.
7. And there came not to them a prophet but they mocked